CANMORE MUSEUM & GEOSCIENCE CENTRE
Members Corporate Ski Pass Usage at Sunshine Village for the 2012-2013 Ski Season
Once again, the Canmore Museum & Geoscience Centre has 2 corporate ski passes to Sunshine Ski Village available for members to use. The details have changed this year, so please read this document carefully before booking. If you have questions, please contact us Wednesday-Friday 12noon-5pm or Saturday-Sunday 11am-5pm at 403-678-2462, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Sunshine Village ski season runs well into May, usually up to and including the Victoria Day long weekend.
Please note that because the ski pass season is different than our membership year, and we have a new contract with Sunshine, these changes apply to both our 2012 and 2013 members.
How it Works:
This year we will be offering discounted tickets at a cost of $30 + GST per ski pass.
There are 2 corporate ski passes available each day of the ski season.
- Each Individual Membership holder may book a single pass at a time for $30.
- Each Family Membership holder may book two passes at a time for $60. If you hold a family membership and book only one pass, the cost is $30.
Once you have determined when you would like to book your ski pass:
- >>E-mail the Museum at email@example.com call 403-678-2462 Wednesday-Friday 12noon-5pm or Saturday-Sunday 11am – 5pm.
- Bookings will not be taken Monday or Tuesday.
- The museum will be closed from December 24-28, and no bookings will be taken on those dates.
- Messages received outside of our booking hours will be returned in the sequence in which they were received, with bookings received during booking hours being given priority.
- >>Please include in all correspondence:
- your name
- email address
- phone number
- the names of the people skiing
- 1st and 2nd choice of ski date
- >>Once we have confirmed to you that the date is available, call the museum or come in to make your payment. We do not recommend sending credit card information through email.
- >>Please note that you may book only one day at a time. Once that date has passed, you may book your next date.
As soon as a date is confirmed, and we have received your payment, we will send you and Sunshine Village a confirmation email. Please print your confirmation letter. If you do not have email, you can arrange to pick up the letter at the Museum.
- Payment may be made over the phone or in person. It is not advisable to send credit card information through e-mail. You may pay for multiple uses at once, however you may only book one pass at a time. The next pass may only be booked after the first date has passed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you allow enough time to use all of the days you have paid for. Payment is non-refundable, and non-transferrable except in cases of illness accompanied by a doctor’s note. Other extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis. Refunds and transfers are not available for inclement weather.
Details you need to know:
- There are 10 bookings maximum per Museum membership for this ski season.
- Bookings are handled on a “first come, first served” basis, with inquiries made during booking hours being given priority (Wednesday-Friday 12-5, Weekends 11-5).
- Please note: there are two passes available per day, and a limited number of passes available for the entire season.
- Sunshine requires a minimum of 24 hours notice for bookings. Since we are not taking bookings on Monday and Tuesday, if you wish to book for Monday-Wednesday you must make your request by noon on Sunday to allow sufficient time to process the request.
- Ski passes may only be used by current members whose names appear on the membership form. If you have a family membership, all family members’ names must be on the membership form to be eligible.
- Please note that family memberships are good for 2 adults and up to 5 children under the age of 18.
- If you believe your form is missing a name, please contact us. 2012 members please contact us at your earliest convenience to ensure that your form is up to date.
- You must take your confirmation letter and a piece of Government-issued photo ID for each person skiing with you to Sunshine. Sunshine will also require you to sign a waiver.
Thank you for your support. Although these discounted ski passes are a privilege of membership, the Museum relies on your donations to be able to continue to fulfill our mandate of telling the stories of our mountains and our communities. Please consider making a donation to the Canmore Museum & Geoscience Centre. It’s investing in History!
Debbie Carrico, Museum Director
This document is subject to change without notice. Please contact the Museum for the most current information.