The Canmore Museum & Geoscience Centre is dedicated to telling the stories of our mountains and our communities for present and future generations.
To enrich and inspire both residents and visitors through discovery and learning of mountains and heritage.
• To collect, preserve and present artifacts, archives and structures relating to the eastern Bow Valley
• To educate through community outreach programs with school children and adults
• To promote the advancement of science and heritage roots
• To engage the people, visitors and businesses of Canmore to learn, enjoy and celebrate a rich history of people and their environment
• To balance the interpretation of our history up to the present day with integrity
• To partner with and support local organizations, businesses and activities
• To be a prime tourist destination
• To facilitate local historical and geological research
• To sustain the museum financially through fund raising, merchandising, grants, endowments and planned giving